HELP! Export command problem

From: MaGjjC NorthWest <magjjc!!_at_juno.com>
Date: 1997/12/11

Can someone please let me know if it's possible to run the export utility inside a shell script? I have tried the following and they will not work:

su - oracle -c exp system/manager full=y etc. etc. etc.
<<EOF

exit
EOF or

su - oracle -c exp parfile=param.txt
<<EOF

exit
EOF It comes back to prompt for a username and password. It runs in interactive mode.

If I put the <<EOF on the same line as the exp command... su - oracle -c exp system/manager full=y etc. <<EOF exit

I get an error message.

If you have successfully run exp inside a shell script, please send me the correct syntax or script via email to magjjc_at_juno.com

Thanks in advance... Received on Thu Dec 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message