Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: Anthony Mandic <no_sp.am_at_agd.nsw.gov.au>
Date: 1997/12/03

Joe Lumbley wrote:

> Pablo Sanchez (pablo_at_sgi.com) wrote:

> : I phoned two airline companies: United and US Air. I
> : interviewed the person taking reservations and here are the
>
> Right, that's what I do too. Rather than look at source code or other
> hard stuff to figure out how the code works, I just call the clerk who's
> doing data entry and have them explain the code to me.

	He DIDN'T ask them to explain the code to him, he asked them
	to describe what was happening on their reservation app's
	screen display. Any competant programmer could second guess
	from this what the code's actually doing. I can do it when
	I go into a store and make an electronic purchase. Being
	a programmer I also know what else they do (recording my
	personal details for stats tracking and mail lists etc.).
	If I know this, why don't you?

-am Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message