Re: Oracle7 vs. Oracle8 Replication

From: Marvin Larson <mblarson_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/28

 mredding_at_bridgewatersys.com wrote in article <875039752.17025_at_dejanews.com>...

>Has anybody had any experiance with Oracle8 replication?
>
>I've had a lot of problems with Oracle7 replication using an
>asynch multi-master scheme with 5 replicas

I'm sorry I can't give you any insight into Oracle 8 replication. I am responding because I am in the midst of an Oracle 7 replication project and was hoping you might share some of your experience. We anticipate mult-mastering three sights as well as several symmetric and asymmetric snapshots. Could you perhaps elaborate on some of the difficulties you've had with your installation?

Kind regards and thanks for the feedback Received on Sun Sep 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message