Re: Oracle & Interbase perfomance

From: FJ <Tarkus_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: 1997/07/01

> This query ran more than 1 munute Actually about 2 munites.
> What can I do ? It everything is bad or I am fool/
> Sincerely,
> Vlad.

I'm not sure that indexing the field is THE solution. Before all, you must make the following test : Send your SQL request DIRECTLY via Oracle SQL Worksheet, or SQL+, and NOT via the Borland BDE. If the time is the same, you have to study Oracle parameters (size of the SGA, Buffers, etc). If not, you have a BDE problem, may be an incorrect parameter in the Oracle Pilot or in the Alias, like SQLQRYMODE to LOCAL instead of SERVER, etc...

It is true that Oracle prefers indexed tables, and you should do that. I'm working with tables with 8 millions of records each with a Pentium 133, and I don't encounter any performance problem.

Frédéric JUGE
Tarkus_at_Wanadoo.fr Received on Tue Jul 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message