Re: Oracle & Interbase perfomance

From: (wrong string) üttge <luettge_at_sunpool.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Date: 1997/07/01

Vladimir Safin <vlads_at_uniyar.ac.ru> schrieb im Beitrag <01bc8587$6c764260$LocalHost_at_kasch>...
> Hi all !
>
> Could somebofy suggest something.
> I've tried to use Delphi with Oracle and Interbase.
>

> After starting Sql Explorer, connecting database I've choose table and
> press Data sheet I wait some minutes too see records. Also I've tried to
> run query, like
> THE FIELD = 10 The_field is non indexed
> . This query ran more than 1 munute Actually about 2 munites.

Just create an index to the field. Without the index a sql statement like SELECT * FROM ...
WHERE field=10
causes to a full table scan (all records will checked).

Heiko

luettge_at_sunpool.cs.uni-magdeburg.de Received on Tue Jul 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message