[Q]: Frontpage 97 -> ODBC -> Oracle v7.3

From: Bob Goedkoop <bobg_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1997/05/10

Hello geniuses all over the world, ;)

I'm not completely sure if this is the correct newsgroup to post my question
in. If not, please excuse my ignorance.

I'm using FrontPage 97 to build a small demonstration website. In this website I'm using FrontPage's .idc file to display data from my database on the client web browser. The webpages created with FrontPage behave like they should.

The database I'm using is Oracle v7.3. The connection to the database is done via an ODBC link (in the .IDC files). The ODBC link has been tested and works fine. One of the the essential things is that a logon dialog box is displayed when you access the database throught the ODBC link.

The problem I encounter is that when FrontPage tries to access my database through the ODBC link the logon dialog box is not displayed. Eventually I get the following error:

     Error Performing Query
     [State=28000][Error=0][Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Invalid user
     authorization specification.

Hopefully you can help me with this problem, many thanks in advance,
Bob.

bobg_at_xs4all.nl                               I think you ought to know,
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bobg               I'm feeling very depressed.
                                                             - Marvin.
                 - PGP Key available on request -