Re: Oracle ODBC connection and VB4

From: Martyn Richard Jones <martyn1_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/04/28

Will Kooiman <wkooiman_at_csac.com> writes: > I haven't used VB4 and ODBC, but I see an obvious error.

> > I need my VB4 application to "talk" to the Oracle Local Database that
> > resides on my desktop PC. When I try to open the database from my VB4
> > app, I get the error message "Couldn't find installable ISAM."
> >
> > To setup the data source I double-clicked the ODBC icon in Control
> > Panel, clicked the Add button, chose "Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb," and
> > keyed in "Local Database" for data source name.
>
> You do not want "Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb". Rdb is the relational
> database product developed by Digital Equipment. Oracle purchased this
> from DEC a couple of years ago, and it is very different from Oracle.
> Try something that looks like "Oracle ODBC Driver for Oracle7". I'm not
> sure of the exact name, but I can find it if it is critical.
>
> Will.

> --
> Will Kooiman mailto:wkooiman_at_csac.com
> Computer Systems Authority http://www.csac.com
Hi Will,

Could you get that info? I´ve being trying to connect to my Personal Oracle from VB/4 -and next 5- for ages .. without success.

Best regards,

Martyn Jones
Iniciativa Ltd. Received on Mon Apr 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message