Oracle ODBC connection and VB4

From: Mark McCubbin <mccubbin_at_mich.com>
Date: 1997/04/27

I need my VB4 application to "talk" to the Oracle Local Database that resides on my desktop PC. When I try to open the database from my VB4 app, I get the error message "Couldn't find installable ISAM."

To setup the data source I double-clicked the ODBC icon in Control Panel, clicked the Add button, chose "Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb," and keyed in "Local Database" for data source name.

The connect code I use in my VB code is

    sConnect = "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ODBC32.DLL;UID=SCOTT;PWD=TIGER"

    ' Get ISAM error message on next line...     Set dbPersonInfo = OpenDatabase("Local Database", False, False, sConnect)

If you have any advice, I would appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Mark Received on Sun Apr 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message