Re: Oracle Objects for OLE 2.0 or 2.1

From: Walter J. Zielenski, III <us017639_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/04/20

I have been using OO4O for > 2 years now. There is now version 2.1 of OO4O, which includes a data control. It is available from the Oracle FTP site (you may need to talk to your Oracle Sales or Support Representative). As far as using OO4O, I swear by it over ODBC. I am not interested in doing ODBC API coding, so my experiences with ODBC are limited to RDO and DAO implementations of ODBC. With a little understanding of OO4O, the performance of your VB app connected to an Oracle Server can vastly improve. There is also support for Bound variables and arrays, which trim away excess network traffic when communicating result sets.

Walter J. Zielenski
wjz_at_absolution.com Received on Sun Apr 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message