Re: Oracle Objects for OLE 2.0 or 2.1

From: (wrong string) ørn Storø <bstoro_at_online.no>
Date: 1997/04/15

Hello
I've done some testing on the speed of using OO4O Dynasets versus MS Dynasets from VB connected to an Oracle 7.1 database. I found that for large dynasets (10000+ records) MS dynasets are much faster than OO4O dynasets.
To me it seems that OO4O is not yet mature enough to use with a 4GL programming environment. Lets face it, Oracle is not a very big fan of Microsoft and the Windows operating system, so I wonder just how much effort they really put into making this OO4O thing..?

Bjørn

cda.apa_at_email.apa.org skrev i artikkelen <861040067.2424_at_dejanews.com>...
> I downloaded Oracle Objects for OLE 2.0 from Oracle and the readme.wri
> file stated that the .OCX is not available for Visual Basic 4. The .VBX
> works only with Visual Basic 3.
>
> I am interested in using the latest version of Oracle Objects with VB4
> Professional Edition so that we can use Data Access Objects (DAO) to
> connect directly to the Oracle database without using Oracle Glue, which
> we are currently using,or without using ODBC drivers that are slow
 because
> of the connection to the Jet Engine 2.5.
>
> I understand that Oracle has a newer version of Oracle Objects
> possibly (2.1) which is now release that includes the .OCX control for
> VB4.
>
> Can we use the Oracle Objects without using the Data Control like the
 Data