Re: Performance on NT: Oracle vs. SQLServer?

From: Neil Pike <100577.553_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/03/26

> We're trying to decide between Oracle and SQL server, for a DSS database with
> about 200 Meg of data now, but much larger soon (eg 1 Gig). We've got a dual
> processor with 128 Meg (but could increase this), running NT 4.0.
>
> I've heard that Oracle doesn't run as fast on NT, as on UNIX. Have any of you
> had experience with either/both, or know of performance benchmarks of Oracle
> vs. NT??

Don't use Oracle much, but certainly all the top TPC benchmarks under NT all use SQL Server.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE (neil.pike_at_natwestuk.co.uk)  Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)  Using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP2 Received on Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message