Re: ## Aspect, Cadis, Saqqara ##

From: Doug Barnes <dwb_at_rell.com>
Date: 1997/02/28

Thomas wrote:

> I am conducting research on the following products for their use within
> the next 30 days. I have performed preliminary research of newsgroup
> posts revealed no information. So, I thought I would ask their
> clients...and of course the companies may weigh in themselves as well.
>
> The application will be a large parts suppliers catalog, 10,000 parts or
> more parts. The OS is a Unix system that will serve documents on the
> Internet.
>
> Aspect
> URL http://www.aspectdv.com/
>
> Cadis
> URL http://www.cadis.com/
>
> Saqqara
> URL http://web.saqqara.com/
>
> How flexible is the final HTML documentation setup?
>
> How do you rate the support and support documentation?
>
> Have you used, installed, or planing-to-purchase the product?
>
> Is your system on an Internet system and can you provide the URL?
>
> If so do you have anything to say positive/negative about the
> package(s)?
>
> How many people were required to produce your online catalog and how
> many parts are in it?
>
> How great is the "engineering design reuse" aspect of the application,
> if it has one available?
>
> Was the application intuitive to use and quickly learned, or was the
> learning curve high and requiring a great deal of extra training?
>
> How do you rate the performance of the product and what operating
> system, webserver, connection to Internet bandwith, and system hardware,
> are you using?
>
> Use www.coordi.com_at_worldnet.att.net if you desire to communicate
> privately about the above matter.
>
> Thank you,
> Thomas

Were about to go live with a system with ~30,000 parts. A local outfit is assisting us. The system will publish catalogs as well as web content for our web site. We should be live soon. E-mail me if you want their name and number. Received on Fri Feb 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message