Pro*C,SQL*Net and Solaris 2.x install/linking problems

From: Jonas Winberg <jonas.winberg_at_kpsweden.se>
Date: 1997/02/24

Hello!

I am trying to use Pro*C 1.6 with C-compiler from the lastest Solaris 2.x. I got linking problems and Oracle
support tells me to upgrade software and install the database server. Is it really necessary to install a database on my client-machine?

Can I mix SQL*Net V1 with SQL*Net V2 ? My server is running V1 and I don t want to upgrade.

Should I install Pro*C ver 2.0 and migrate my application?

Best Regards
Jonas Winberg Received on Mon Feb 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message