Re: Problem installing Oracle trial product on SCO Free OpenServer

From: Art D'Adamo <dadamo_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/02/24

>Solution 1 is to rename libsocket.a as libsocket.a.OWS and then
>"proceed with the regular installation". I did the rename
>and then did
> make -f oracle.mk install
>in /usr/oracle7/rdbms/lib but still got "multiply defined symbols"
>errors.

Actually, what happens is that after libsocket.a is renamed, the make complains about a missing libsocket.a library. If the libsocket.a is restored, I get the "multiply defined symbols" error again.

I tried hacking oracle.mk by taking out all the "rm" statements, but it seems the same link statment fails (in a different way) depending on if libsocket.a is there or not.

Art D'Adamo, dadamo_at_voicenet.com Received on Mon Feb 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message