Re: HOWDOI: Output Variable Length Fields (Re: rtrim not triming)

From: Dave Klinger <dklinger_at_bechtel.com>
Date: 1997/01/30

If I understand what you are trying to do, you need to concatenate the fields together rather than use a comma separator. An example would look like this

Select fld1 || fld2 from table1;

This of course assumes both fields are char type. If you are concatenating numbers together you may have to do some additional work with conversions. The concatenation symbol is the vertical bar (twice).

Dave

Eric M. Gamble <emgamble_at_rwxc.com> wrote in article <01bc0910$43ec0800$a5b093cf_at_egamble>...