What are all the files in $ORACLE_HOME/bin ?

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/12/27

I have alot programs in by $ORACLE_HOME/bin that I dont know nothing about. I have Oracle 7.3.2.1 for Solaris X86. Are there any man pages or any other documentation on these things ?

bash$ pwd
/opt/oracle7/bin
bash$ ls

adapters        dbv             lxbccm          oracle          tkprof
archmon         demobld         lxbcnf          oracleO         tliins
browser         demodrop        lxegen          oraenv          tnslsnr
concat          echodo          lxinst          orapwd          tnsping
configows2      exp             maid.1.release  oratclsh        tstshm
coraenv         extractlib      maxmem          oraweb          unixenv
csm             genclntsh       mergelib        osh             wgcreatedb.sh
csmnl           genconfig       names           owhat           wgdocdeinst
csmtcl          genksms         namesctl        pupbld          wgdocinst
csmtk           gennfgt         ncuxpp          spyglass        wgwebstart
cursize         gennttab        ntisbsdm        sqlldr          wish4.0
dbfsize         gensyslib       ntspxctl        sqlload         wlctl
dbhome          helpins         odl2ldr         sqlplus         wrap
dbshut          hexd            oemevent        svrmgrl
dbsnmp          imp             oerr            symfind
dbstart         lsnrctl         oiconnect       tclsh7.4

I dont know anything about more than half of these programs and was wondering if any of these could be really helpful programs.

Thanks for any pointers.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Fri Dec 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message