Re: [Q] How can I add dbshut in shutdown process under AIX?

From: Loren Cain <loren_at_usair.com>
Date: 1996/12/13

Paul Reimold wrote:

> Loren Cain wrote:
> >
> > Chris Thomas wrote:
> > >
> > > In article <32AC26AE.41C6_at_genacc-us.com>, Paul Reimold
> >
> > Why not put the local modifications in /etc/rc.shutdown? If this script
> > exists, it is executed at the beginning of the shutdown process and
> > if it fails with a non-zero return code, the shutdown process stops.
> > See man shutdown.
>
> Great idea. I would rather not directly edit the shutdown script.
> HOWEVER, I do not see an /etc/rc.shutdown file on either my 3.2.5 or my
> 4.1.4 systems. It's a shame that AIX does not have a scheme for rc
> directories corresponding to various init levels where one can place
> startup and shutdown scripts (similar to Systems V..

Yeah, I sort of jumped the gun on that response...I have been spending most of my time lately with AIX 4.2, which does have the rc.shutdown feature. However, someone pointed out to me that earlier versions do not support rc.shutdown and sure enough, I see no mention of it on my 4.1.4 or 3.2.5 systems.

Loren Cain
loren_at_usair.com Received on Fri Dec 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message