Re: Moving System Tablespace

From: Chakravarthy Nalamotu <kittu_at_gis.eng.hawaii.edu>
Date: 1996/12/03

You can do this while the database is mounted but closed. This way you do not have to take the SYSTEM tablespace offline.
Make sure, you backed up the database before doing this.
  Kittu.

Leslie Carter (leslie_at_darth.lfso.loral.com) wrote:

: I am trying to reorganize a database and am moving some tablespaces to
: different disks. To do this I am bringing the tablespace offline, then
: issuing an alter tablespace rename datafile command. Can I do this with
: the system tablespace? My question is if I take the system tablespace
: offline and rename it, how will the data dictionary get updated?