Re: sqlnet V1

From: Krishna K. Kurup <krishnak_at_kna.com>
Date: 1996/12/02

Roberto Guidi wrote:

> I have installed ORACLE 7.2.2 on Solaris 2.5.1 in MTS configuration.
>
> I want to connect to the server from a MAC where I have the sqlnet TCP
> 1.5.6.
>
> Questions :
>
> Which SQLNET must be installed on the oracle server (V1 or V2) ?
>
> How can I start the sqlnet V1 on the oracle server ?
> (p.s. sqlnet v2 is running)
>
> thank you very much for your answer.
>
> Best regards
>
> duepi-studio_at_linknet.it

You can install V1 & V2 (if you need V2 for something else, since V1 is no longer supported by oracle for 7.2.3 release and later ...

You can start both Ver. 1 & Ver. 2 listener on the server. Sql*Net V1 does not have any configuration files (unlike V2). You might need to add a line in your /etc/services file for "orasrv port#/tcp" (root should be doing that). And then you should be able to start V1 using the command: "tcpctl start", provided you have execute permission on tcpctl (usually started by user oracle).

Hope that helps

Krishna Received on Mon Dec 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message