Re: Striping Tables

From: Randy Bradley <bradley_at_marcvm.marc.usda.gov>
Date: 1996/12/02

Leslie and all,
  Am I so naive? The extents in the Administrator's Guide uses up all of the data files of the tablespace, thus there is only room for the one table. However, I assumed that if there were space left in those data files, subsequent table creation would be striped as well. Was I wrong?

  Thanks,

  Randy

>I saw how I could stripe data across the datafiles in the
>Administrator's Guide, but this would only work for 1 table per set of
>datafiles. That would be a major pain.
>
>Any ideas?

Randy Bradley | Systems Analyst | US Meat Animal Research Center | Clay Center Computer Spec.| 402-762-4156 | bradley_at_aux.marc.usda.gov | Nebraska

"Around it! Around it! Confoundit. Nobody gave me the specifications. I have to do everything myself around here." Gopher-The Great Honeypot Robbery