Re: Slow response from FORMS query

From: Administration - TS <admin_at_vdoj.vic.gov.au>
Date: 1996/11/29

In article <329E883F.3135_at_swipnet.se>,

   Tony Smisovsky <tony.smisovsky_at_swipnet.se> wrote:

>Andy Horne wrote:

>> A developer brought me some SQL which she said was running slowly, so I
>> set a trace on and yep, it was. I then ran it myself 'stand-alone' and
>> it
>> came back straight away. She ran it 'stand-alone' with the same result.
>> However, when it is run through FORMS it slows down (104 secs as opposed
>> to about .25 sec).
>> What is FORMS doing to cause this? Can I change anything to improve it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andy Horne

It turned out that the query was comparing a char field with a numeric field, and after sorting this out (used to_char in the query) it went OK. I didn't post the original code since I was just after anything that FORMS would do that SQL*Plus didn't.

Thanks,

Andy Horne Received on Fri Nov 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message