Help with new disk setup (HP9000)

From: Mirwais Qader <mqader_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: 1996/11/27

We have the following directory structure: {1 Controller}

[1 disk: 1.3 GB]
/dev/vg00/lvol1 = /
/dev/vg00/lvol2 = swap space
/dev/vg00/lvol3 = /usr
/dev/vg00/lvol4 = /usr/lib
/dev/vg00/lvol5 = /oracleDB

[3 disks: 2-1.3GB, 1-2.0GB]
/dev/vg01/lvol1 = /chem
/dev/vg01/lvol2 = /labux
/dev/vg01/lvol3 = /users

Oracle is spread around as follows:

installed under /users/oracle.../././

		/chem/oracle 	= control file mirror and other 'backup'
		/oracleDB 	= data and Rollback
		/labux/oradata 	= data & control file mirror and other 'backup'

We are about to receive 4 -> 2 GB Hard Drives and an additional Controller

How can we optimally re-distribute our Oracle system?

possibly:	create /software/oracle
		mount additional disks under /software/oracle

Where to put Rollbacks, Redo-Logs, Data Files, etc....?

Can you mount a directory under another directory?

Is it a good idea to combine the disks into logical groups or keep them separate?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! PS. Please respond by email. Received on Wed Nov 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message