Question: Can I invoke an application process from a trigger?

From: Xiaohai Zhang <xhai_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/26

Hi, everybody:

Here is the scenario: I have an executable file myapp.exe and I'd like to have it start automatically when a table in Oracle database is updated. I am wondering if I can do this by writng a trigger on this table. Usually the trigger only consists of the SQL statements which can manupulate the data in the database. Is there any command in Oracle to invoke an application outside the database?

Thanks for any useful information. My email address is:

Xiaohaiz_at_digitaldj.com

Xiaohai Received on Tue Nov 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message