Re: DBMS_PIPE in Oracle 7.3

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/11/26

SUMITS wrote:

> Hi Keith,
> I'm trying to use the DBMS_PIPE package in stored procedures in Oracle
> 7.3 running on HP-UX 10.01. If I enter the following at the SQL*Plus
> prompt, I get valid output with no errors:
>
> EXECUTE DBMS_Output.Put_Line( DBMS_PIPE.Unique_Session_Name );
>
> But, the following line in a stored procedure gives me a PLS-00201
> error, indicating that SYS.DBMS_PIPE is not defined:
>
> pipe_name := DBMS_PIPE.Unique_Session_Name;
>
> As a matter of fact, every line that references one of the DBMS_PIPE
> functions gives me the "undefined object" error message.

   Run the dbmspipe.sql and privpipe.plb again and assure that the developer has execute privilege on the package dbms_pipe.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841