Anyone using Oracle Media Objects in conjunction w/the web?

From: <x_at_apocalypse.org>
Date: 1996/11/25

Is anyone here using Oracle Media Objects? Someone plopped this product on my desk and asked me to look into it. What we want to do is have data "live" on a webserver and be updateable over the web... then, when the time comes, to be able to download that data onto a CD-ROM. Can it be used for this purpose? Is there a better way to do it?

Is Oracle Media Objects just a regular authoring tool like Director, or is it specially integrated with Oracle/Oracle webserver? I've heard that Oracle itself can't handle lots of text. Does OMO fix this?

Lastly, is OMO cross-platform? I've heard it rumored that Director is dying because it's *not* cross-platform... in other words, a Director presentation made on the Mac won't run on a PC without mucho (or some) tweaking.

Thanks

  • X