Re: Linking pro*c under Alpha VMS

From: <Kelvin>
Date: 1996/11/24

Hi,
Im going through a similar exercise,
so far I have documented the following points. rgds
Kelvin

The following changes are required to compile Proc C code on the Alpha which only DEC C installed.

  1. The compile command should be $proc <filename> <other options> parse=partial code=ansi_c
  2. All structures which reference SQL based variables should be declared within an EXEC SQL declare section.
  3. All references to SQLca and SQLda should be declared using EXEC SQL and not #include
  4. All identifiers, variables used to handle SQL constructs should be declared in an EXEC SQL declare section.
  5. All C library functions and user defined functions used in the code will compile with the message %CC-I-IMPLICITFUNC, forward reference these functions to remove informational messages.