Re: application connection

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/23

Laslop_at_t-online.de (Laslop Hans) wrote:
>'Hello world'
>
>who can help me... I'm connecting all users of an application with the same
>database user to an oracle 7.x. No I can't see which user connection I have
>to terminate when there is a problem e.g. with locks...
>
>? Is there a possibility to display a description for a session...
>? ...or can I display a connection-id in the application..
>? ...or is there a easy way to create db-users witch have the same
> data availabe like the application connection
>
>any help / ideas are welcome
>
>TIA
>
>Hans Laslop

Hi there,

In an client server environment, you can change ORACLE.INI file at the client to display the name of the user who is logged on.

Edit ORACLE.INI at your client and add the following line under ORACLE section.

[Oracle]
USERNAME=<actual username>

When you query against V$SESSION, the above username will appear on OSUSER field.

SELECT USERNAME, OSUSER, sid, serial#
FROM V$SESSION. USERNAME => Name of the Oracle user
OSUSER => Name of the Operating system user

For host based connections, OSUSER will be UNIX user id. For Client server architecture, OSUSER will be the name of the user as in ORACLE.INI

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Sat Nov 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message