Re: [Q] Can I rename TABLESPACE ?

From: Richard Ledwon <rled_at_izb-soft.de>
Date: 1996/11/22

Huy Vu <huyv_at_usa.net> wrote:

>We have 2 databases A & B. The only different between them is:

>A was created tablespace with the name USER and B was created tablespace
>name USERDATA.

>Can I rename USER tablespace in A to USERDATA before import the dumpfile
>from B?

In A, you can drop tablespace USER and then recreate it as USERDATA. Any users/schemas with objects in the old tablespace USER must be recreated with "default tablespace USERDATA". The import will then put any objects, that used to be in USER, into USERDATA.

Hope this is of help.

--
Richard Ledwon
rled_at_izb-soft.de