Re: Upgrade (7.0 to 7.3) tips?

From: Jeff Behm <jeffb_at_sky.net>
Date: 1996/11/22

tahmossx_at_itd.ssb.com (Stephen A Tahmosh) wrote:

>:>Jeff Behm wrote:
>:>> We upgraded a test database from 7.1.4 to 7.3.2 on a Solaris 2.5.1
>:>> Sparc. Since the upgrade, we have been unable to make an SQL*Plus
>:>> connection. Svrmgrl works ok, but not SQL*Plus.

>Try sqlplus <user>_at_<serviceName> (sqlnet v2 tnsnames.ora)
>make sure you are using the 7.3.2 sqlplus and not the 7.1.4 sqlplus

Yeah, we are using the 7.3.2 version. A call to Oracle support informed us that others were having the same problem, and the workaround they suggested is not a viable option for us. Our only option is to wait for 7.3.3 and HOPE that fixes the problem (as Oracle has promised). Seems to me like a lot of maintenance money spent for very little (or no) return.

Thanks for the response, anyway.

>Steve Tahmosh
>State Street Bank

Jeff Behm jeffb_at_sky.net http://www.sky.net/~jeffb "By George, and I think I have enough money to buy George."  --Thurston Howell, Gilligan's Island Received on Fri Nov 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET