Re: more that one instance

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/21

arno <arno_at_lysis.ch> wrote:
>I have oracle 7.3.2.1 on a DU 4.0, and now i have one instance but i
>need to add at least 2 more, how can i do that ?
>Please,
>
>Arno
>Network Administrator

Hi there,

Follow the following steps. They are just assist you.For exact systax please refer serve admin guide.

Logon as oracle (oracle software owner) unix account.

  1. Copy $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/init.ora to your new instance.ora. Change the DB nane, rollback segment, control files and other necessary parameters.
  2. Setup the ORACLE_SID in the environment.
  3. Edit crdb.sql, crdb2.sql in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin (if it is not there, they may be in $ORACLE_HOME/install directory). Modify the script according to your needs.
  4. Setup all the necessary directories (like background dump directories, trace directories ).
  5. Logon on to SQLDBA and connect as internal.
  6. Startup nomount.
  7. Run your crdb*sql (this basically creates a new oracle instance).
  8. Open the database.
  9. Run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql
  10. Edit /etc/oratab and add your new instance.

Once the instance is created, you can create oracle users and create tablespaces and other objects.

The above steps are just hints. Please refer to admin guide for more details.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Thu Nov 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message