Re: Newbie SQL*Loader Question

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/21

hamidoam_at_tuns.ca (Adem Hamidovic) wrote:
>Here's the scenario: let's say I have a data file containing several
>records, each a length of 500. I wish to load the records using
>fixed-format. Now, say the last bit of info I require to load is
>located at position 300 - 310, and the rest (311 - 500) is not needed.
>How do I bypass the rest of the current record so that I can begin at
>position 1 of the next record?
>
>Thanks in advance,
> Adem Hamidovic
> hamidoam_at_tuns.ca

Hi there,

You can simply ignore all the characters after line 310. Try the following.

load data
infile abc.dat
insert
into table emp (
emp_no position(1:10) integer external,

..
..<<all your columns>>
..

emp_name position(300:310) char,

)

This will simply ignore any character after 310 and continue with the next record.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Thu Nov 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message