Oracle Forms 4.0

From: Oliver Meyer-Arndt KS/EF4B 60/1/86 #47344 <arndt_at_lts.sel.alcatel.de>
Date: 1996/11/20

I have got a form in forms 4.0. There is e.g. a text item (datatype: date) and a cancel button in a default block. I would like to exit the form when I click the cancel button. If the field format for date is not proper, oracle form doesn't allow me to exit.
The question is, how can I modify or bypass the standard item validation of oracle forms ?? (I have tried all the relevant built-in triggers, none works) If I build the functionality of the cancel button in a menu, it works as would like to which is not necessaryly OK. (I symply execute a exit_form built-in.)

Thanks Received on Wed Nov 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message