Re: Questions regarding MS ACCESS, ODBC and ORACLE

From: Margaret Sutherland <mws_at_wpo.nerc.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/11/20

In article <01bbd597$85a3c0a0$1002a7cf_at_tarantula> "Arnold Hitch" <trident_at_worldgate.com> writes:
>From: "Arnold Hitch" <trident_at_worldgate.com>
>Subject: Questions regarding MS ACCESS, ODBC and ORACLE
>Date: 18 Nov 1996 21:34:37 GMT

>Has anyone have any comments about problems using MS ACCESS to Oracle
>through ODBC? I have heard there are a number of problems with how ACCESS
>deals with Oracle objects, specifically private and public synonyms. I am
>also curious if any one has successfully had ACCESS perform remote update,
>insert or delete through and Oracle database link.

>Your thoughts would be appreciated.

>TIA
>Arnold

I have updated etc into Oracle tables via ACCESS. It is necessary to create an index on the attached Access table using SQL.

This appears to work except when one of the indexed fields is datatype NUMBER and has data of values between -1 and 1, except 0 itself. In this case the whole record is shown as #Deleted.
If the data type is FLOAT it works correctly.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Margaret Sutherland.
M.Sutherland_at_bgs.ac.uk Received on Wed Nov 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message