Re: SQL*PLUS 3.3 reconnect problem?

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/19

silverm_at_cc.umanitoba.ca (Bullseye) wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>Running ORACLE server 7.3.2.1.1 on NT. Using SQL*PLUS 3.3 at the console and
>connect as username/password, connects OK. run some .SQL scripts and
>everything is still OK...using same SQL*PLUS GUI I connect as a different
>username/password and when I run the same .SQL scripts they fail. Only way to
>run for another user is to exit the SQL*PLUS GUI and restart a new GUI
>session. Any ideas why this does not work?
>
>Thanx in advance.

Hi there,

Is your second User (using GUI sqlplus) has got same privilege as of USER1. To simplify the problem, try running the SQL script from GUI sqlplus as USER1. If it fails, then you can isolote the problem to GUI sqlplus (may be it is not connecting to the correct database).

Alternatively, you can run the SQL scripts on your console as user2. If it does not run, can you please send the ORACLE ERROR Code?

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Tue Nov 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message