Re: Oracle Web server Installation Question

From: Felipe Vera <vera_at_mda.ca>
Date: 1996/11/19

I'm not sure I understand exactly what problem you're trying to solve is but my hunch is that you'll need to edit your listener's APP file to map your OWA service to an URL directory path. Try this:

  1. Edit $ORACLE_HOME/ows2/admin/sv[your_listener].app
  2. Under the [AppDirs] section add: /[your_service]/owa OWA /home/dba/oracle/orahome7_3/ows2/bin
  3. From your Web browser open: http://[your_host]:[your_listener_port_number]/[your_service]/owa/[your_proc]

atyagi_at_mc.xerox.com wrote:
:
:
: Hi Everybody,
:
: I am in in need of urgent help for on Oracle Webserver 2.0 Installation.
: I have a remote connection to my database server. I aeem to have done all
: homework regarding the connection as I was able to download PL/SQL tool kit on
: my remote database server. I can pull up the static pages on my local
: webserver also using the Listener process. My web server is a Unix Solaris 2.5
:
: Now for dynamic I have written a small stored procedure. In the directory
: mapping section of listener I am confused about how to map my local server
: path so that I can pick up the script on database server. I am also confused
: about how to specify the URL to execute the script.
:
: Please throw all the information you can on me. I will greatly appreciate any
: help.
:
: Thanking in anticipation
:
: Please mail me at atyagi_at_mc.xerox.com
:
: or post your reply.
:
: Amit Tyagi