Re: Mysterious corruption of procedures?

From: Ph.Bertolino <bertolino_at_france3.fr>
Date: 1996/11/19

Hello,

I don't know if it would help you, but I had this problem with an Oracle Server version 7.1.4.1.1 (NCR 3555 Unix System V release 2.02) on corrupted views.
The problem was the timestamp of validation between dependencies of objects referenced in these views.
Perhaps you've got the same sort of problem. To find out if it is the same problem apply this query:

select distinct(o2.obj#)
from obj$ o, dependency$ d, obj$ o2

where o.obj# = d.p_obj#
and o.stime != d.p_timestamp
and d.d_obj# = o2.obj#

and o2.status != 5
order by o2.obj# ;

If it returns something (object id which corresponds to one of your procedure) contact your Oracle customer to get a patch or something like that ...

Good luck.

PS: We are now in version 7.2.3.0.0 and it seems to work better.

Shaun Mallory <S.mallory_at_ehv.sc.philips.com> wrote in article <3290E9B2.7258_at_ehv.sc.philips.com>...