Long DB login/connect problem

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>
Date: 1996/11/15

All at once starting at Noon a few days ago, a perfectly working DB started having problems with taking a long time to connect to the DB - 35 to 90 seconds for a login. I have tried everything from shutting down SQL*Net ( both 1 and 2 ), shutting down MTS, and several others to no avail. Once you are connected, queries and updates work fine, it's just connecting in that takes forever - also takes a long time to log out of the DB. Also have bounced the DB several times and rebooted the box with no change.

Has any one experienced this?

Config is NCR 3555, 16 processors, UNIX
init<sid>.ora has same params as other similar db's including 200MB of shared pool
ORACLE 7.1.3 and ORACLE applications 10.4.2

Opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect those of my company or clients. Received on Fri Nov 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message