Re: Oracle 7.3 under Linux, any chance ?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/11/15

In article <328BFC5A.72E5_at_cybergate.com> Vincent Saul <vince_at_cybergate.com> writes:
>Jim Mitchell wrote:
>>
>> > As fine and stable Linux is, I don't think that there will be a version
>> > of Oracle for it.
>> All soapboxing for linux aside, I agree with you that it'd be a nightmare
>> for tech support. But for someone who wants Oracle for personal research
>> and for school stuff, it'd be really nice....
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Jim
>>

>I agree as well. Linux is available in so many flavors. I asked a
>technical representative about a port to Linux, and he said, "What's
>that?"
>
>Vincent Saul
>vince_at_cybergate.com

One would think, if Ellison really wanted to bug Gates, he'd put out a disk with personal Oracle and a free unix OS on it, a few mouse clicks to install. But I guess Oracle Installs have never been for slackers... :)

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>