Re: COMP.DATABASES.ORACLE split

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1996/11/12

In article <01bbcd7c$6bedb580$1b9d03d0_at_rmorley.cyberenet.net>, Rick Morley <rick.morley_at_morley-data.com> wrote:
>Moving to the appropriate group is not a 123 thing. One reason perhaps
>there are few if any messages in the new split groups is that everyone's
>ISP has to make them available. My provider says that they are of the big 8
>hierarchie and will be added when they get to it... and I think with the
>upgrade of POP utils. So why the drop dead date of Dec. 10? Alot of people
>could be looking at January +- to hook up.

In actuality, only the rmgroup message will first go out on Dec. 9. The group will disappear about as quickly as the new groups appeared. As you can see, it is pretty slow. It all depends on how quickly the ISP system managers get around to it. But January for a group that should have been created in October???

I will guess that the original group will lie around for years, and unfortunately, some people will never switch over.

And to try to answer the person complaining about cdo.marketplace, I fully agree that cdo.jobs would be much more appropriate. However, I don't have ANY say in what goes on in the usenet, and all I could do was come up with a name that was close. Marketplace is that name. Fortunately, many jobs are already being posted there!

C'mon, Jack, if you spent as much time complaining to the feist.com people as you spend writing in this thread, you would have the new groups in a couple of days!

Steve Cosner Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message