Re: printing a report in reports 2.5

From: Denzer_Volker <ddt_at_dsora.hmi.de>
Date: 1996/11/12

phil_at_netfront.net (Phil) writes:

> On Sun, 3 Nov 1996 22:42:11 GMT, in comp.databases.oracle you wrote:

>>> Within a system we are developing there is a receipt printing facility.
>>> If a duplicate receipt is required, a NUMBER column (DUPLICATES) is set
>>> to identify how many duplicates are required.
>>If I understand you correctly you just want to print a duplicate report.
>>You should be able to set your copies parameter at runtime....don't know
>>the syntax as I'm at home.

>Create a 'parameter form'.

you don't need a parameter form for that one. You can just send your DUPLICATES in a Userparameter which is set in the calling program ("DUPLICATES=<value>"). If you don't have the parameter form just copy that value in the BEFORE-REPORT trigger into "copies". If you have a parameter form, than you can do the copy in the BEFORE PARAMETER FORM trigger and than the user can change it, if he wants.

greetings,
  V. Denzer Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message