Re: Good C/C++ Development Tools

From: Ian Funnell <ian_at_icf0.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/10

In article <329193ff.1751810_at_news.demon.co.uk>, Ian Birch <ian_at_ibirch.demon.co.uk> writes
>Does anyone have any recomendations for good C/C++ development tools
>that can be used in conjunction with Oracles Pro*C for Unix SVR4,
>running on either an NCR 3555 pentium based machine or a Pyramid Risc
>based machine.
>
>I'm currently using CC, and to debug I have to rely on a liberal
>sprinkling of printf statements!!!!!
>
>Thanks
>
>Ian

For Pro*C development, I've found the standard SVR4 tools (e.g. cc, make, SCCS) excellent.
Using printf is not reliable if your program crashes, use "debug".

--
Ian Funnell                  ian_at_icf0.demon.co.uk