Re: Need help with SQL

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/09

In article <NEWTNews.847379219.13325.atyagi_at_sgeier.wsp>, atyagi_at_mc.xerox.com writes

>Hi folks,
>
> Thanks to all who helped me last time. I have another question for
>you. I have written a query using UNION operator. I have tested these two
>queries seprately and they work well, but when I use the UNION an error
>appears telling me that UNION is an unknown command.. strange!

If you are using SQL*Plus, and your query is exactly as posted then the problem is blank lines.

In SQL*Plus, a blank line marks the end of a sql statement. It thinks you are trying to start the next command or sql statement with 'UNION' which is invalid.

--
Jim Smith