ORA-04031 error???

From: Srinivas Kopparapu <srinivas_at_connexus.apana.org.au>
Date: 1996/11/08

Hi,
I have been getting the following error in a batch job while trying to execute a stored procedure.

ORA-04031: out of shared memory when trying to allocate xxxx bytes (PL/SQL MPCODE,BAMIMA: Grow Bam Buffer)

The messages manual says " use the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package to pin large packages, reduce your use of shared memory or increase the amount of available shared memory by increasing the value set for SHARED_POOL_SIZE initialization parameter"

My current SGA size is 21504 KB and current SHARED_POOL_SIZE value is 10000000. I intend to increase the SHARED_POOL_SIZE. Can I just increase it and recycle ORACLE? or What else should I change to offset that?

I would really appreciate any help.

TIA sri Received on Fri Nov 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message