Re: COMP.DATABASES.ORACLE split

From: Jack L. Swayze Sr. <keystrk_at_feist.com>
Date: 1996/11/05

wzimmer_at_atair.rz.uni-ulm.de (Walter Zimmer) wrote:

>Hi !

>Im pretty depressed beacuse although this newsgroup has been split noone
>is posting (which is ok)/answering (which is not ok) in the related
>groups. The ratio is 50/4 postings ! So, what should I do ? Continue
>posting in comp.databases.oracle ? Cross post ? Mail to everyone who
>doesnt answer questions but is on comp.databases.oracle ? :-)

>So, please, move to the apropriate groups.

NO! and for two VERY GOOD REASONS!!

  1. the naming used for these other newsgroups was childish and self-centered around the 'newsgroup elete' perspective - instead of being centered around the Oracle practioner perspective (the CUSTOMERS of the newsgroups) [in other words, the names might make sense to those who frequently read an post in News.Groups - but not to the Oracle DBA who just wants to get an answer on a strange error code]
  2. my ISP doesn't carry the new newsgroups

I am sure that those who thought up this Oracle newsgroup split thought they were naming things correctly - well, the proof of the pudding is in the eating!

Let the usage of the new Oracle newsgroups proove me wrong or proove me right.

'Keystroke'
KeystrkTX_at_AOL.COM Received on Tue Nov 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message