Re: JavaScript in Oracle Webserver Applications!!

From: Bob Munck <munck_at_acm.org>
Date: 1996/10/31

Srikanth Kasam wrote:

>... I was curious to know if the implementation of JavaScript into

> Oracle Web Server Applications ...
> can accomodate JavaScript for client side validation .. ?

Sure, works just fine. I use JavaScript for validation, increment/ decrement controls on numeric fields, context-sensitive help, etc.

The only problems are that nested quotes can get confusing (HTML inside Javascript inside PL/SQL) and that my language-sensitive editor can't switch from PLSQL mode to JavaScript mode when the JS is a character literal in the middle of PL/SQL code.

Bob Munck
Mill Creek Systems LC Received on Thu Oct 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message