ORACLE V6 Startup Problem

From: Josef Buergi <nbuejo_at_halser.ascom.ch>
Date: 1996/10/31

Hello

There is a problem that is very urgent to me.

Somebody pulled out the plug from our DB server (I don't know why), without any shutdown or something. So the DB startup does not work from that time on.

All I get is the following message:

ORA-00214: control file '/apps/apps1...../cntrlTMN.dbf' version 12195 inconsistent with file ,,,,,,,,,
Attemting to shutdown instance ...OACLE instance shut down

That seems to me, that I have corrupt control files. Is there a DB command to recover these files ?

Any help is wellcome and thanks in advance!

That happens on a ORACLE Version V6.0.36.7.1, the plattform is a sun-server.

Please reply to my eMail account, that is NBUEJO_at_HASLER.ASCOM.CH

Regards, Joseph Received on Thu Oct 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message