Re: memory problem?

From: Ng Aik Teong <ng_at_flcgut.po.my>
Date: 1996/10/31

Bob Acker <program_at_icanect.net> wrote:
>Tom Mettlling wrote:
>>
>> Help Please,
>>
>> I'm running Developer 2000 on a Windows 3.11 machine with 32 megs of
>> RAM, connecting to Oracle 7.1.3 on Solaris via SQL*NET v2. If I connect
>> more than three times with forms 4.5, I get ORA-12569 - checksum error,
>> or ORA-12203 - unable to connect. It seems like it must be a memory
>> problem, because if I exit Windows, restart, and try again, it works.
>> Does anyone know of a way aroung this?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tom

>Tom,

>This is just a suggestion, FWIW: Forget Win 3.1. IMHO it is a virus (no kidding). 3.1
>is pretty, but unstable. The last thing you want for a Data Base tool is to run it in
>an unstable environment.

>On the other hand, NT is GREAT. Solid, multiple apps all open at the same time, and
>Developer 2k version 1.3 is 32 bit, and runs in NT wonderfully. No GPF's and No
>Problems.

>Suggest you try that.

Which forms and NT version you used ?
I'm using Form 4.5 .7.0.10 on NT 3.51 on Machince P133 with 32 MB . It doen't seem be as stable as you suggested. I have the following problem.
1. I have a forms with attached library from database. If I save

    after disconnect. This form could not be open anymore. 2. Have you try to open one of the demo form called dk2_tab.fmb in

     reuse directory. Try to open the canvas call d2k_tab_canvas and

     see. It hang and after sometime Dr Watson appear. 3. I have define a numeric field with property right justify. The

    cursor is disappeared. Whenever this field is active. Received on Thu Oct 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message