Re: Web Server 2.0

From: Krishna Sreedhar <ksreedhar_at_mho.net>
Date: 1996/10/28

Sylvain BOUCON wrote:

> I have a Server 7.2.2.4.0c on a NT 3.51.
> When I install the Web Server 2.0 for NT package,
> the TNS don't work any more.
>
> Can someone explain to me how to do ?Web Server 2.0 comes with SQL*Net 2.3.x while you may be having 2.2.x
installed with the other products. This corrupts the TNS listener which cannot be started anymore. You don't need 2.3 to run Web Server 2.0. Uninstall all SQL*Net products and then reinstall 2.2.x. You will need SQL*Net Server, Client and TCP/IP adapter (depending on what where you are going). This should put everything in order. After the install, you need to go to services and manually start the TNS listener. Hope this works. Good luck.

Krishna Received on Mon Oct 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message