Re: A question of principle

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1996/10/25

Placing Blanks into columns in your database will lead to problems down the road. Forms will be unable to handle them without lots of special coding. And when you are coding, counting how many blanks there are between the quotes is going to be a pain.

I am a developer who has switched from COBOL/Mainframe programming, and nulls drove me nuts at first, but once you get used to the null concept, it ain't so bad.

Be sure to tell everyone about using the NVL function.

Steve Cosner