Re: Automating Jobs in NT

From: <thothath_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1996/10/23

In article <326d34b1.981839_at_news.thehub.com.au>,

    gordonh_at_thehub.com.au (Gordon E. Hooker) wrote:

> Hi All,
> I want to do some DBA Admin work like backups, SQL scripts etc using an NT
> equivalent of cron. I have not had much to do with NT is there a way of setting
> off times jobs using NT? What backup routines come for the NT operating system?
> Gordon Hooker

You can use the NT scheduler to do these jobs. You will have to write a .cmd file and include it in the scheduler. The .cmd file should contain all the statements which you want to execute. There are other tools which supplement the scheduler on NT and you can use them also.

Bye.

Thothathri Visvanathan.

This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News: http://www.dejanews.com/ [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News!] Received on Wed Oct 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message